When it’s time to sit down and watch the game, we’re all about hot wings. They’re spicy and so
finger lickin’ good, we thought we might as well try our hand at a dip version. And boy, are we glad we did. This Buffalo Chicken Dip has all the things we love about hot wings – the spice, the flavor, the succulent chicken – without (as much of…) the mess or the big ol’ pile of chicken bones.
It’s got all of the kick of buffalo sauce, plus that cool flavor of ranch dip is packed right in. With cream cheese, ranch, and sour cream, the bottom layer of this dip is a creamy, cheesy extravaganza. That means every bite of this dip is layered with chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, and some extreme cheesy goodness. Did we mention there’s more cheese on top?
Hot and spicy and packed with chicken and cheese, this dip is exactly what you need for the big game… or any other party. Eat it with tortilla chips, or some nice crunchy celery, just be warned: the people will gather ‘round, so make sure to get your fill early on – this stuff is addictive!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups assorted cheeses (cheddar and monterey), shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch and sour cream. Mix together until mostly smooth.
- Combine chicken with 2/3 cup buffalo sauce and mix together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture out in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish and cover with buffalo chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining buffalo sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spend With PenniesWhizzco