This Dip Has Made It Around The World And Quickly Become A Favorite Everywhere! This Version Is Our Fav!
Hummus is a delicious garbanzo bean dip that has traveled the world and come to be loved by many. In fact, it’s so appreciated and in such high demand, there are restaurants cropping up all over the place solely dedicated to the dip and it’s many different variations. Personally, we could be cursed” to only eat hummus for the rest of our lives and we’d be totally okay with that!
This hummus is great because it’s a slight twist that tastes so good you’ll wonder why you’ve never made it before! The artichoke is a fun and somewhat befuddling ingredient–you look at it and think what?!” The artichoke heart is found at the center of each artichoke, but there’s so much work to do to get the one heart from each artichoke, so we definitely went the smart way about this and used canned artichoke hearts; you get the same amazing flavor with way less effort. Enjoy your spread and make extra so everyone can go crazy!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, shells removed; bean water reserved
- 1 (15 oz.) can artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat and cook garlic, stirring so it doesn’t burn, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add drained artichoke hearts and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place shelled chickpeas and lemon juice in food processor and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Drizzle in tahini and pulse again, then add artichoke, garlic and cooking oil. Pulse for another 30 seconds.
- If mixture is too dry, drizzle in 1 tablespoon bean water and/or a little more olive oil.
- Season with salt and cumin and blend until mostly smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve with pita chips.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Shugary Sweets