Try This Simple Frittata Recipe When You Need A Healthy Meal, Fast
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is important at any stage of life, but it’s especially crucial for those battling or recovering from illness.
Making healthy, delicious meals during treatment doesn’t have to be a burden. Eggs are a quick-cooking, nutrient-packed protein source that can easily become a gourmet meal, as in this classic frittata. It’s a meal all by itself, full of protein, greens and healthy fats — perfect any time of day.
Serves: 4-5 lucky people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
½ lb. ground beef (or meat of choice)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large kale leaf, stemmed and chopped
½ cup broccoli, chopped
3 green onions, chopped small
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- If you’re using uncooked ground beef like I usually do, start by heating your skillet to medium-high.
- Once hot, toss in your meat and break it into pieces using a spatula or wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Remove cooked meat from pan but leave the juices.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Toss in green onions and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add kale and browned meat to pan and season once again.
- Once kale has wilted, turn burner to medium-low and move pan to a different burner so it can cool slightly.
- Once veggies have stopped sizzling, pour in beaten eggs. Return pan to heated burner and cover.
- Allow to cook undisturbed for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the frittata is set around the edges and there’s only a slight wiggle in the center, transfer pan to a middle rack in your preheated oven.
- Bake covered for 5 minutes.
- If after 5 minutes the frittata is done to your liking, let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. If not, pop that baby under the broiler for another 2-3 minutes. (Be sure to keep an eye on it! It can easily overcook.)
Recipe courtesy of www.gracefullyprimal.com.