This story originally appeared at Do You Remember by Jane Kenney.
- These still will not be opening on Thanksgiving Day this year.
- Each year, more and more stores are closing down for the day so that employees can spend the day with family and friends.
- However, there are still many major retailers that decide to remain open all day.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! It’s already October, which means the official month of the beginning of the holiday season is upon us. It’s become pretty standard that some retailers are open with special hours on Thanksgiving Day. Back in the day, everything used to be closed on holidays, but I think we may be heading in the same direction once more!
Listed below are different major retailers that will be completely closed for business on Thanksgiving Day. According to FOX59 of Indianapolis, there are actually several retailers that plan to close for Thanksgiving so that their employees may spend time with their families. Here are the following stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving Day!
Stores that will NOT open on Thanksgiving Day
- Ace Hardware
- BJ’s – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Guitar Center – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Hobby Lobby – (open for Black Friday at 8 a.m.)
- HomeGoods – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Lowe’s – (open for Black Friday at 6 a.m.)
- Marshalls – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Petco – (open for Black Friday at 8 a.m.)
- Sam’s Club
- Stein Mart
- T.J.Maxx – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- True Value
Some other big retailers that will be closed on Turkey Day include Dillard’s, Nordstrom, IKEA, Home Depot, Petsmart, and Office Depot/OfficeMax.
Article continues below
Our Featured Programs
See how we’re making a difference for People, Pets, and the Planet and how you can get involved!
However, if you’re running short on supplies or food and need to make a quick stop, there are some retailers that will be open! Of course, we’re talking about the grocery stores. Some major stores that WILL be open on Thanksgiving this year include Stop & Shop, Kroger, Hannaford, Shaws, Shoprite, and Whole Foods. If you really need to make an emergency stop, it’s recommended to call ahead of time to know their special hours for that day!
BestBlackFriday.com conducted a survey, to which 72% of those responding said they believe that stores should be closed on Thanksgiving. Additionally, 14% planned to shop on Thanksgiving Day and 14% said stores should be open, but did not plan to shop.
It is predicted that because it is still so early in the game, more closed stores are expected to be reported. Last year, CBS Pittsburgh reported that more retailers than ever are staying closed for business on Thanksgiving Day. Check it out!Whizzco